Investment Priority: Supporting Local Business
Our CIoS Good Growth Investment Plan identifies the opportunity for Cornwall and Isles of Scilly to lead the UK’s green industrial revolution through investing in our high growth, high potential sectors and by supporting our business base to become more productive while transitioning to greener and more inclusive business models.
The Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Local Industrial Strategy sets out the unique sector opportunities that exist for our local economy:
- Clean Energy: Capitalising on our unrivalled natural resources; leading innovation in floating offshore wind (FLOW) and deep geothermal.
- Geo-resources: Harnessing our expertise as well as the critical minerals necessary for the low carbon transition, in a sustainable way.
- Data and Space: Exploiting the unique physical, digital and intellectual assets in the region, and using data to overcome local and global challenges.
- Visitor Economy: Making CIoS the global leader for low-carbon experiences for visitors and residents, maximising links to the environment, heritage and culture.
- Agri-Food: Creating a productive and sustainable sector maximising market opportunities for land and marine management, and food processing/ production.
Activities to strengthen these sectors could include the funding of cluster development bodies, international business events and conferences, research translation and diffusion, workspace, machinery, feasibility studies, and R,D&I activity. All activity should seek to deliver high paid jobs, inwards private investment and highly productive businesses.
>>> For full details on the Strategic Sector Development programme, Download the initiation form.
Want to apply?
Please fill out the details of your project via the initial enquiry form below. The Good Growth team will respond to you within five working days with the next steps.
The Good Growth team will send you the relevant application form, where applicable, which will need to be returned to the Good Growth team via email in advance of the application deadline.
More information on what will be required in your application is available on the Application Support page.
If you are awaiting a response on your expression of interest in SPF funding and it has been more than 5 working days, please check your spam/junk folders first before contacting the team.